Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Tech Help Please - Aaron?

My camera. Not a bad little camera. Really like the view screen and such, but the drawbacks . . . you have to hold the button down for a really long time to get a picture, it does not record sound with themovies, and the movies it does record are Quicktime.

My question: does anybody know of any (free) software that can convert Quicktime movies into other formats?

Aaron came to mind as someone that due to his Mac knowledge might know, but please, if anybody has any ideas - I would appreciate them.

Do your cameras record movies in different formats?

Thanks!!!

6 comments:

Pat said...

handbrake may work.

http://handbrake.fr/

It's free.

Dan said...

I use something called "4U AVI MPEG Converter." Can't recall at this point whether I paid for it or not. But you can convert between multiple formats, including that one (my camera records in Quicktime, as well, and I don't get a preview image unless I convert to something Windows-friendly).

Dan said...

http://www.avi-mpeg-converter.net

Mighty Tom said...

thanks to all for responses

it looks as if I'll have to pay as they are all on a trial basis, converting only 60% or less of the video

Stephen Cummings said...

Flickr opened up their free accounts to include video, but they only allow for 90 seconds of video at a time.

Aaron said...

Sorry I haven't responded to this, I've been really bad about keeping up on blogs.

Is there a reason you want them in something other than QuickTime?

Are you no longer on a Mac? I would have to check on Windows programs.