Friday, April 18, 2008

Rocking in the Early Morning

Before six this morning I flew out of bed. Ran across the hall, Molly, in a fright, was already headed out. I grabbed her, told Trista to grab Mr. T and we rushed downstairs. It was as if a giant hand was holding onto our upper level roof, just shaking it to piss me off after another late night working with Macbeth. That, or as I falsely accused, "it is probably just Steve (our neighbor) pushing his recycling container up." To which Trista replied, "it is loud, but why would that shake our house unless he was on the roof."

It had to be a storm. Tornado. High winds. Falling branches. Once we were downstairs; however, everything was peaceful. OK - must be a large animal on the roof. I bravely ventured outside and examined the roof - nothing.

Earthquake! Pretty crazy. Molly wanted to know where the giant crack was and if there was lava.

Very brief. Only about a 5.2. But enough to really shake things up. No damage around here, but wow - one of the last acts of nature I would have predicted as I went to bed that night.

5 comments:

Pat said...

My brother had a similar experience up in Indy.

Glad to hear everything is well.

Cool, in light of the lack of damage.

Sadly, no lava.

C.F. Bear said...

I thought of you and your family when i heard the news this morning. I tried calleing but I just got some chick at your office. I hung up.

C.F. Bear said...

When you say Trista grabbed Mr. T, we are talking about your dog right? I hope that you didn't have Mr. T from the A-team as an overnight house guest.

Dan said...

He sleeps in between them. A good thing to hold onto during an earthquake.

Freaky, Gibbs. Glad no damage.

Aaron said...

Crazy.

I expect that we will have a similar experience soon, but caused by a DC-9, not an earthquake. More runway construction starts soon.

Glad you are all OK.