Monday, April 7, 2008

Break Your Back Mountain of Books






All these. And one more - TKAM (I forgot to add to the pile and so it is pictured by itself). The end is near and I am glad. I maintain that this semester was less taxing than last fall, but it isn't over yet. One major paper complete - two projects to go, one more paper and a unit plan.

I cannot remember looking more forward to a summer. 70 or so degrees here today and beautiful. Nice little bike ride with Molly to kick off our new season.

Back to the books. I can really see the light now. With the completion of this semester, I will only have one more semester of "regular" classes (and one of those will be another independent study) and then student teaching.

Knowing that I only have one more semester, like I've been having, is just what I will need in order to keep it up. That and not having a summer class should be great!

Anyway, just a little recap while I enter the final stretch for this semester.

4 comments:

C.F. Bear said...

You look like a deranged librarian! Happy reading bright eyes.

Pat said...

Does MT need the help of glasses these days, and I haven't been aware? Or is he mocking our blind asses?

Either way, keep up the good work, we're all counting on you.

Dan said...

I'm guessing those are the same glasses he wore as the "confused trombone player" for Halloween 1995. And about as necessary.

Wow - for a (self acclaimed book-appreciating) guy who had an almost shameful pace of reading for a number of years there, there's no doubt that you've picked up the pace a bit.

Thank God it's literature, huh? Can you imagine if that stack was all Math books?

Mighty Tom said...

those are the same glasses worn by the confused trombonist- bless his heart

they would never be, could never be, math books