Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Not Working On Paper and Update













The scary pirate needed to be replaced with the real thing.
Molly and I at our "spot."
Making Acorn Delights.
Oh My Osage!
Her favorite tree.
Brown County State Park.
I am seriously putting off finishing my 10 page paper on Ebonics - gots to get going!
Anyway - MN for Thanksgiving and back - saw Dan for a brew and a short, but sweet visit. Shook hands with the Subway guy. This semester has by far been the most difficult - will be glad when it is over - very soon now.
Short post - but needed an update of sorts - enjoy pictures.


7 comments:

C.F. Bear said...

I love the "Our Spot" photo! Is that the park we went to when I was there 18 years ago?

Save some of those Osage orange seeds for me. I might be able to use them in school for a project. How would you like to mow with all of those hege apples in your yard?

Do you eat the acorns? Is that chocolat draped over those oak produced creations?

Aaron said...

Awesome.

Mighty Tom said...

The "our spot" photo is, yes, at the park you visited, Dobb's Park.

The Osage Orange picture was taken at Deming Park.

Both Deming and Dobbs are really nice City Parks.

The one with her blue sweatshirt was taken at Brown County State Park - a tad SE of Bloomington.

The Acorn Delights were modeled after Acorns - Molly's idea - we covered little marshmallows with melted milk chocolate with a candy sprinkle on one end to serve as the stem. Yummy and we had a hoot making them - slightly sick from all the melted chocolate that made it in our mouths.

C.F. Bear said...

I am drooling as I type these letters.

Dan said...

Great stuff. I think I said this to you on the phone, but in the 2nd & 4th photos, she's looking a lot like Trista. In the last one, she's looking a lot like you.

Possibly related - possibly not (or related in one case & not in the other?): very cute little girl!

Mighty Tom said...

Thanks man!!

Pat said...

Excellent stuff.